Engine Transplant...Anyone done one?

I was wondering if anyone has put the same engine in a saturn? Is there anything I should look out for? I have a 94 SL2, and a part of the body
block from where the alternator screws into chipped off. So I've decided just to buy a used engine from like 6th Planet Used Parts.
Any tips would also help.
Thanks
For what it's worth... Have you given any consideration to having the broken part repaired. Used to be that aluminum had to be arc welded to repair it. Now there are several low temperature alloys that are supposed to be decent for repairing aluminum. Googling for 'aluminum repair torch' gave the following hits. www.durafix.com http://www.muggyweld.com/super5.html http://www.aluminumrepair.com / http://www.aladdin3in1.com
Oppie

thanks
I'll look into it..
I also though about welding but i didn't know much about it. All i knew was the engine block was different than regular metals.
Thanks

decided

While I dont want to take a sale away from Joe , I have seen these welded before. I wouldnt necessarily do it myself but often you can have a cerified welder out to your house to do it . You will have to take parts off to give him/her a clear path though.
Yeah, that's true, but the problem is that one part is the whole engine block :\

was
cerified
give

Thye can be welded in the car . By parts I meant the Power Steering pump and obviuosly the alternator. May need to lift the engine up a little to but it can definitely stay in the car .

Site Timeline