Fuel hose busted - and fixed! :)

Well, I got the new hose from saturn and decided to just stick it in there tonight.

Amazingly, you can in fact do this without jacking the car up. You *do* need the hose popper tool and a new clip if yours had a clip on the end.

The brackets drop semi easy with a 10mm deep socket to remove the holding bolt. I cut the hose at the S bend part to thread it out both ways (this allows you to tug and get space at the rear). feed the narrow fitting end through the hole the S bend goes through, before you do anything else. Then, I started at back and worked forward - clip the hose up *then* connect it. It's pretty obvious once you see how it all goes.

Obviously, a clean car and jackstands are a big help here. Still, even with 2 tool hunting trips, it took a little over 2 hours WITHOUT jackstands, assistants, or any light beyond a flashlight...

Since it has to come out, you might want to replace the gas filter while you're at it.....

This sure beats patching the line (none of the methods I found were really great), and it sure beats paying the dealer or a garage to do it...

Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Good to hear it worked out.

Ken