Plugged Drain Hose On Vent - 95 Pickup

There is a leak in the interior of my '95 Nissan 4x4 Extended Cab Pickup. It is clear (no antifreeze odor or color), and only occurs when it rains, or
the AC is on. Because of that I have deduced that the drain hose must be the cause of my interior leak. To save me the hassle of researching where the hose is, and the best method to clear it, I would appreciate counsel from anyone that might have experienced the same problem, or anyone that knows the procedure to remedy the issue. It would also be helpful to know where the drain end of the hose is positioned.
Thank you.
Louis-- ********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Louis Bybee wrote:

I believe the drain tube is actually *in* the cab of the truck. Best way to clear it is to possibly put a small brush, like a pipe cleaner, up it and scrub it out. Better to do it soon so that it doesn't mold up, etc....
www.nissanfrontier.net

Pickup. It

or
the
the
from
knows
where
That doesn't make sense to me? If the drain tube were in the cab wouldn't the moisture (rain/condensate) just drain out onto the rug anyway?
Thank you.
Louis
Louis Bybee wrote:

I agree that it makes no sense. Here is the best I can do; back in the '80's my dad had a Pontiac GrandAm, and it always smelled wet inside. That condensation drain got plugged about once every month in the summer. It was a 5/8" tube located on the firewall directly in front of the passenger foot well.
snipped-for-privacy@nospamindspring.com wrote:

My bad... I haven't ever had a plugged drain hose, so I was writing from memory as to what I've seen other posters put...
www.nissanfrontier.net
Louis Bybee wrote:

I posted this about a year ago in this NG. It sounds like something else but keep reading. I had the same problem with a 97 Nissan Pickup. I noticed a strange rubbing noise in the right front only when making a left turn. It sounded like it was the right front tire rubbing against a loose inner splash shield in the fender when the wheel turned to the left. Upon inspection, I could not find anything wrong up there. I had planned to take the truck to my mechanic to find the source of the noise later in the week. A day or so later, I picked up a box containing something I had bought and had left on the passenger side floor overnight. I noticed that the box was soaking wet on the bottom half. I then felt the floor mats and they were drenched. Having had this problem in other cars that I have owned, I assumed that it was a clogged drain hose. I looked under the dash and saw water slow dripping from the air plenum. I pulled the drain hose that runs from the plenum through the firewall and water poured out of it. I cleaned the coagulated debris out of the drain hose and replaced it. I also pulled the other rubber hose that ran between the air plenum and the blower motor under the dash and about a pint of water ran out of that hose.
It is on the firewall on the passenger side. Jack up the truck and look for the short hose that sticks through the firewall and then get a wire and put it in the hose to clear the blockage. Do not stick it in hard or too far as not to damage the A/C core
Louis Bybee wrote:

Jon Smith wrote:

No need to jack up the truck. You can get it from inside the cab. Look under the dash on the passenger side. You'll see a large black plastic box hanging from behind the dash between the glove box and center floor hump. Reach under it and put your hand all the way to the back of the box near the center floor hump. You'll feel a soft black plastic hose (about 1/2" thick) running from the bottom of the box and going into the firewall. It's only a couple of inches long from the box to the firewall. You can start by pumping that hose with your thumb and finger to see if you can push out whatever is blocking it. If not, get a pan or something to catch the water, and pull the hose from the box towards the firewall until it comes off the box (and drops water into the pan). Now pull the loose hose from the firewall and clean it out. Reinstall by pushing the hose back into the firewall hole and then onto the box. Now pull off the hose on the bottom of the heater fan motor under the dash by the passenger door. Keep that pan handy in case there is water in there too. If no water comes out, put it back on.

It
the
Well I quit procrastinating, and crawled under the passenger dash to check out all the information I received.
The two hoses were exactly where people said they would be. The hose through the firewall was plugged tight, and when I pulled it off about 1 quart of water poured out. I tried pushing through the hose to clear it out, but wasn't having much luck. I pulled the hose back through the firewall, and it had a 90 degree bend towards the end of the hose (that would explain the difficulty clearing the hose). I cleaned it out, flushed the housing out, and replaced the hose. The hose to the blower motor didn't have any moisture in it. What purpose does that hose serve?
No more leak! :o)
Thanks to all who responded.
Louis-- ********************************************* Remove the two fish in address to respond
Louis Bybee wrote:

I believe it is just an air hose for the fan motor. The reason I had water in there was because there was so much water in the air plenum that it had run down into the motor housing. Sorry I didn't tell you about that bend in the drain hose. I had suggested you pull it out from the firewall to clean it. Glad you got it worked out anyway.