great milage

I just drove from Saskatoon, SK to Airdrie, AB (592.5km or 368.17mi.) in my

2001 SL2 (5sp). I probably averaged just over 70mph (115km/h) for the entire distance. I used 40.72l (8.96 imp. gallons), which works out to 41.09mpg.

The car is about 3½ years old now and has been great. I couldn't be happier!!

Reply to
Jocko

No, the SL2 has a 1.9 DOHC.

Reply to
Jocko

I've managed similar with my '03 Ion when doing predominantly highway. In looking over my database, I've managed a good smattering of 39-41 mpg runs at different times.

Michael

Rob wrote:

Reply to
Michael Halliwell

What's your secret? My mileage is acceptable at about 30-32 but I like to drive fast :-)

Reply to
Rev Turd Fredericks

I bet his "secret" is using imperial gallons.

40.72 liters is 10.76 gallons for us yanks.

So 368.17 miles / 10.76 gallons is about 34.22 mpg for us yanks.

Not an unreasonable mileage for a broken in SL2 running at moderate highway speeds.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

Doh. I should have noticed :-)

Reply to