Freezing gas door

I'm not sure how common this is but it affects both my 2001 SL2 and my wife's 1999 SC1. If we wash the car in winter the gas door won't open. We have to have one of us pulling up on the release lever while the other pries open the door with a key, etc. to open it. When it warms up everything works fine. Is there any way to prevent this? I've heard of some people using a silicone spray. Where do I get this?

Cheers!

Reply to
Jocko

This happened to me the first year I bought my 97' SC2. After the car wash the temp. went way below freezing and well you know what happened. To make a long story short.....I have found that using Lock Ease on the little deal that goes in and out works great. One application lasts the whole winter. You can get it at Ace Hardware.

Reply to
Mason121

I think you can get it just about anywhere. I have some that I got at a bike store - for the chain.

The manual says you are also supposed to use silicone spray to wipe down the rubber trim around your doors/windows when you wash the car, too, so it's worthwhile to have around.

I don't know whether it will or will not help with the freezing gas door, though.

Reply to
Richard

Reply to
Blah blah