HELP ! :SLC hesitates @ 1000-1500 RPM

My daughter's (Low-mid 90's) SLC is experiencing a flat spot @

1000-1500 RPM. Usually after it's been warmed up. It'll drive fine and idle at stop fine, but just after she "steps on it" it bogs down.

Can anyone give me a clue on what to look for?

I see no service engine lights. There really is no indication that anything is wrong.

If it stalls, it usually starts right up again, but when you're crossing an intersection, it's not cool...

Again, can anyone out there help me.

I think I will try a simple tune-up... Wires, plugs...

Anything else.... Clean the intake? possibly? What do you think?

Reply to
Jerry Jumpjet

Sounds like the throtle body needs to be cleaned. I found the passage ways at the top of throtle body right under where the three vacume lines attach was the main reason why my 93 sl2 was hesitating. Try cleaning that see if it helps.

Reply to
justastreekin

Thanks, I'll give it a try...

Any others want to chime in..??

Reply to
Jerry Jumpjet

Make sure you use TB cleaner. Some carb cleaners aren't compatible.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

A dirty throttle body is a definite possibility so it is worth the time to do a thorough cleaning using an old toothbrush, some good TB cleaner, and a soft rag. If that does not do it for you, then since it is a mid-90's, I'd change the spark plugs and ignition wires (assuming they were not replaced lately). Then go for the fuel and air filters as well. If it still hesitates, next I'd look at the fuel rail pressure (possible weak fuel pump) and then the injectors since they may be clogged. If none of those do it, then make sure the Coolant Temperature Sensor is functioning properly since it is a common failure (but this usually has a high idle symptom on start up with a warm engine and a rough idle as well).

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman