Horn circuit

98 SL1, horn is on constantly....where is location of horn relay? Why would horn have 3 terminals, only 1 horn on this model I believe. Thanks
Reply to
LDSRider

This seems to be a common problem and has been reported here several times. Do a search of Google groups.

IIRC the relay is inside the (sealed) horn unit which is part of the reason why the horn is so expensive. When this failure first happened to me last FEB05, I removed the horn and brought it inside to ensure it was completely dry, I then cleaned the electrical connectors with a fine wire brush and reassembled using dielectric grease for moisture seal. This is probably a good item for PM when you have the grease out to install new plug wires or to clean the corrosion from the coil modules and grounding which often causes the SES light and plug misfire. It has worked OK since then but if it happens again I will replace it with a new horn or perhaps with separate horn and relay units.

Happy trails,

Reply to
private

thanks for the info...