Service Engine Light

I have a 2002 Saturn L100 with 25000 Klms on it. Ileft the gas cap off for

250 Klms and the engine service light came on. I replaced the gas cap and the light will not go off . What will turn it off.

Jim

Reply to
James Scott

If that's the only reason that the light came on, enough on-off cycles without the problem should do it. Not sure what that number is for your car.

Ken

Reply to
NapalmHeart

either that or you can take it in to have the the SES light reset.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Disconnect the battery terminal {+} for a minute, then put it back on. This will reset the SES light. Quickest way to do it.

Reply to
Shawn

I agree this should do a reset, but this may cause additional issues such as requiring reset of the security code in the radio, loss of pre-set stations, etc. It also may run and shift rough till the computer re-learns the appropriate settings.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to