Instrument cluster getting off

I need to replace some lights in the dash on a 2001 SL1. I got everything off but the instrument cluster. The thing I can't get off is the wire plug on the back. They didn't give you any extra wire so you can not pull it out very far. Called the dealer and they want $120.00 plus $5.00 for each bulb. I went and got 4 bulbs for $3.50, now I just have to get them in. Can anyone explain how to get it out? tia

SMMM

Reply to
SMMM

How much do you have disassembled? According to the service manual you're supposed to remove the following:

Instrument panel upper trim (whole top part of the dash) Instrument panel left endcap assembly Upper & lower steering column shroud Instrument panel bezel

Reply to
Robert Hancock