Ion 2 Terrible Gss Mileage

I have owned my Ion 2 for a year and have 10,000 miles on it. For the last 6 months the mileage has steadily deteriorated to the point now where I am getting only 15MPG ! The local Saturn service dept. cannot seem to come up with a fix. All the sensors say eveything is fine. Any suggestions ? In most other respects the car runs fine but I bought it,in part, to save on gas.

Reply to
ion2

Have you, or the service dept. pulled out the spark plugs? Does the car run any different the last 6 months, orther then lower MPG?

6 months the mileage has steadily deteriorated to the point now where I am getting only 15MPG ! The local Saturn service dept. cannot seem to come up with a fix. All the sensors say eveything is fine. Any suggestions ? In most other respects the car runs fine but I bought it,in part, to save on gas. >
Reply to
mcyben

months the mileage has steadily deteriorated to the point now where I am getting only 15MPG ! The local Saturn service dept. cannot seem to come up with a fix. All the sensors say eveything is fine. Any suggestions ? In most other respects the car runs fine but I bought it,in part, to save on gas.

I've seen this happen with the pressure in the fuel tank not being up to snuff. There's a canister valve that controls fuel pressure, and it may be having a problem. This won't necessarily show up on a computer, so you might ask them to check it.

Reply to
Markwalt

last 6 months the mileage has steadily deteriorated to the point now where I am getting only 15MPG ! The local Saturn service dept. cannot seem to come up with a fix. All the sensors say eveything is fine. Any suggestions ? In most other respects the car runs fine but I bought it,in part, to save on gas.

Reply to
Teem