motor mounts on 99 SC2

I have a 1999 SC2 with about 75,000 kilometers on her . My regular 70,000 km service revealed a broken motor mount . I baby this car and was quite surprized . Does anyone know of any secret warranty covering this and has anyone else experienced this at relatively low milage ? Thanx

Reply to
Darrel Watchman

If you're talking about the top mount, aka TAM (Torque Axis Mount), I'm on my 3rd in 84k miles on a 97SL2. I've gone to the aftermarket urethane mounts for the other two mounts hoping to reduce the beating the upper mount takes normally.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Secret warranty on a motor mount? Um, no. Your baby's getting old, you gotta face it! :)

Oh and like Johnny said......the top ones are known for wearing out.......

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Reply to
Ken Very Big Liar