Oil Change Light '05 Vue

Just curious if anyone else has seen this.

On my wife's '05 Vue, now with 13,000 miles, her oil change light stays on for about ten seconds after engine start.

I was under the impression that once I have an oil change (I've done four.) the light would not go on fo another 3,000 miles.

Is there something I'm missing?

Reply to
PerfectReign

The oil change light has to be reset manually. On our 2004 the following procedure is used. Turn ignition on to "RUN" but do not start engine, fully depress accelerator rapidly 3 times within five seconds. If the oil change light then flashes, you successfully reset it. The whole procedure must take place within 5 seconds, including turning the key to run. It is buried in the owner's manual but should hopefully be the same for an 05 as a 04. Good Luck

Reply to
Chris Ehlbeck

Sound to me like the oil change light is coming on with the other lights at startup - that's the system testing itself.

Reply to
Jim Karlin

Yeah that what it sounded like to me. Like normal warning lights, like temp, etc.

imho,

tom @

The Real Tom

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 13:39:05 -0500, The Real Tom took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

No, it doesn't just come on and off like the other lights. It stays on for an extended period of time. I'll go try the procedure. Sounds like another one of GM's goofy end-user procedures like the one to reset the O2 sensors in my '95 Jimmy.

I'll report back once I'm done.

Reply to
PerfectReign

Ha Ha Ha, you said Goofy. ;)

later,

tom

Reply to
The Real Tom

But you said it only stays on for 10 seconds, right? My wife's '04 Vue oil change light stays on constantly when it's time for a change, then I go through the procedure to clear it when I'm done. Maybe I'm just not understanding you correctly. j

Reply to
Jim Karlin