On Saturn's New Powertrains and Old Trolls

Just a FYI to help those either stuck in the past or whom may just not be in the know and finally, my take on Trolls:

Saturn as of 2007 no longer manufactures cars in Spring Hill, TN. The 1.9L, 2.2L, V6 Catera or V6 Honda engines are no longer in use. CVT transmissions were only used between 2002 and 2004. All Saturn transmissions are either Aisin-Borg-Warner or GM Hydro-matic.

As of 2008 all 4 cylinders are Ecotec and are: 1.8L (Astra) 2.0L (SKY Redline) 2.4L (SKY, Aura XE, VUE XE) As of 2008 all V6 are a distant cousin of the GM Cadillac CTS family and are as follows: 3.5L (VUE XE AWD, VUE XE, Aura XE, Outlook XE) 3.6L (Aura XR, VUE XR, Outlook XR)

These are all new engines to Saturn and have not had the past issues that were found in some Saturn vehicles. Many improvements to these powertrains have been made to make these very durable and user-friendly, thus making timing chain and transmissions issues that occurred in the post obsolete with proper owner care. These include:

Oil Life Monitoring Systems Improved Engine-Management Systems Improved Fuel Management Systems Stabilitrack on top of ABS and Traction Control (Standard on just about everything) OnStar Vehicle Diagnostics (now those with active Onstar have no reason to drive around oblivious to the little engine light on the dash or what it means and can get immediate answers) Tire-Pressure Monitors Improved handling

5 year Free Roadside Assistance

Yes, there were many issues with the old 1st and 2nd Generation Satuns, but just as many happy loyal REPEAT owners such as myself. Saturn is basically a new company with new cars. Trolls who keep digging up old internet gripes about old models and then trying to compare them to the new cars are just not relevant anymore. Every brand has it's issues, Google any brand and you will find something negative about anything you want to troll about.

Let me give you a for instance. I love the 2003 Nissan 350Z, almost bought one, tilll I read about the front-end alignment tire eating issue, I passed up a great deal over that. Funny, the early L300 had a similar issue, but ours never did and was a great car. Guess you can't go by everything you read.

Hey, I never had a perfect Saturn, nor a Ford nor a Chevy nor a Nissan, all have had problems and a car is only as good as it's mechanic in my opinion.

We know who the Trolls are. Use your own experience and look around at how many happy Saturn owners there are out there who have had decent experiences, how many Saturn based online clubs out there, SaturnSpot, SaturnFans, IONForums, STC, etc., how many people out there in the Saturn community are helping each other and you will see the vast difference between the motives of the common Troll vs a true Saturn Owner.

Reply to
marx404

Correction: All Saturn transmissions are either Aisin-Borg-Warner or GM Hydro-matic. I forgot to put in the word "Automatic" in that sentence.

Source:

marx404