Aura - Sluggish moving on startup in cold

OK. I don't have to be told so. This car in the cold (40 degrees F) or lower is sluggish to move the first minute after sitting for hours. I reported this to the dealer last year. He found no error messages and said he reprogramed the transmission. The other day the car also stalled for the first time. Would a stall be recorded? Anyone else have this problem?

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

Which aura model is that- 4, 6 or hybrid? Those engines show as having variable valve timing which adds a whole new dimension of troubleshooting. How many miles since you had the ATF fluid and filter changed? Could be that you aren't getting good fluid pressure cold. Also try this on a flat road - get the car moving to about 5mph, put it in neutral and see how far it coasts. Do this again after driving a few miles. This is a gauge of how much drag there is in the drive train, brakes and wheel bearings.

A stall might be recorded. What were the circumstances when it stalled?

Reply to
oppie

Cold? Was there a '-' missing on your temperature figure?

Reply to
Bert Hyman

My favorite quote from Garison Keilor was about the guy who just had enough of the the Mn winters and resolved to get onto the interstate heading south and wasn't going to stop till someone asked what the plug coming out the front of the radiator grille was for...

Reply to
Oppie

I'm New Jersey. That's 40 as in above the freezing mark. That's correct.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

We have been having similar temps here in SC and no reported stalls on the many Auras sold here. Sounds like an isolated problem. Are you allowing the car to warm up a few minutes before driving it? What year Aura? XE or XR? When exactly does it stall?

Reply to
marx404

It stalled once. It was in the 20's. The dealer knows about the problem. He experienced it in my car, said he tweaked the software for the trans. This season I brought the issue up again and was told I need to bring it in for an overnight. Maybe the computer will record the problem? This a day one problem to me. I can't fight every day. I'm thinking of another car. A smaller, different brand car.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John

Reply to
Gyzmologist