quad driver error

I have an intermittent ses light on my 84 sc2. It's mostly when it is 1st started up and usually goes away when it warns up. I jumpered the connector and it's a 26 error. Quad Driver fault. Can anyone tell me the procedure to track down the problem?

Thanks!

Reply to
David C. Allen

Generally you get a second code along with the quad driver fault. Making a repair to the other code usually clears the quad driver fault. Sorry I can't help more. James

Reply to
James1549

I am not getting any other error

Reply to
David C. Allen

The QDM error probably indicates low resistance or a short on one of the devices controlled through the ECM. On Saturns, this is apparently usually either the EGR vacuum solenoid or the canister purge solenoid that cause this..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

Is it possible to use a multimeter to test the solenoids? If so can you tell me the procedure?

Thanks!!!!!

Reply to
David C. Allen

Anyone know how to diagnose the faulty component?

Reply to
David C. Allen