Codes 19, 26 & 32 on '95 SC2

I'm bumping this message in hopes of getting some more info. Please read original postings below.

Thanks! _______________________________________

Fixed font - Proportional font

Bill Feb 12, 12:11 pm show options

Hello all,

My daughter just dropped off her '95 SC2 for me to fix up and I have a couple of questions. I flashed the codes and got 19, 26 & 32. From what

info I've found in past posts, 26 & 32 are probably both pointing to the problems in my EGR or Canister solinoids. I'm about to go check that.

I have found no useful information on code 19, though. Does anyone have

any pointers? I haven't driven the car enough to verify everything, but

over all it seems to run okay.

Thanks for your Help!

Bill

Semi Head Feb 21, 2:15 am show options

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.saturn From: semi snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Semi Head) - Find messages by this author Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 04:15:22 -0600 Local: Mon, Feb 21 2005 2:15 am Subject: Re: '95 Saturn SC2 with codes 19, 26 and 32 Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse

From: snipped-for-privacy@sbcglobal.net (Bill)

I have found no useful information on >code 19, though. Does anyone have any >pointers? I haven't driven the car >enough to verify everything, but over all >it seems to run okay

. >

Wolfman writes:

Code 19= "6x signal fault" The 6x signal is sent from the CPS (crankshaft position sensor) and used by the PCM and DIS (distributorless igniton module) to set ignition timing. An intermittant

6x signal fault is generally caused by loose or back wiring or connector at the CPS or a CPS on it's way out. (About a $15 part)

Bill Feb 26, 6:29 pm show options

Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.saturn From: "Bill" - Find messages by this author Date: 26 Feb 2005 18:29:22 -0800 Local: Sat, Feb 26 2005 6:29 pm Subject: Re: '95 Saturn SC2 with codes 19, 26 and 32 Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Remove | Report Abuse

I checked my CPS. It was on the high end of the spec, to I replaced it and inspected all wiring. Still, after about 15 seconds of running, code 19 comes back and the SES light comes on. The engine runs fine.

I also have an extra PCM which I have used as a test. It logs 19 also. Any suggestions?

The other two codes also keep recurring. I suspect the purge control solinoid is the culprit for the 26 code. All hoses, wiring etc. look good.

This car will not pass state inspection with the SES on and stored Emmisons codes.

Reply to
Bill