Re: 2002 LW200 Wagon - Brake Light

Have you installed a trailer wiring kit?

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

Dana,

No, I have never have had a trailer on the vehicle.

Reply to
Alonso Jasso

Alonso,

I am thinking you have a bad ground in the circuit for that light. Things often get fouled up when trailer wiring is installed, or if the car has been in an accident. Try to wiggle as many wires as you can get your hands on and try to follow them to make sure there is no damage to the wiring, and if there are any ground wires coming off of the harness, make sure they have good, tight connections. Next, you may want to look at the wiring and switch that turn the light on, which I would imagine would be on the brake pedal, but who knows these days. Beyond these obvious things, you'll probably need an automotive electrician to test the circuit.

Dana

Reply to
Dana Rohleder

I had a bad left rear taillamp assy on my 2002 LW300, replaced under warranty, it was shorting and blowing the fuse.

Kai

"Dana Rohleder" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com...

Reply to
kai st-louis

I have a 2000 LS2 and both of the rear light sockets were replaced because of corosion. I got the idea from the dealer that this is a known problem.

Reply to
Brian Hurley

Yeah, you can also bend those little contacts to stick up and out a bit more. That's what I did.

Reply to
New & Improved - N/F John