Rear stabilizer links -junk !

They get dirty and seize up in 2 years. I greased mine and tied plastic bags around them.

All Saturn muffler straps are made of cheap metal- they rust through in a year or two. Makes me wonder what the gas tank strap is made of!

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

Reply to
misterfact

None of the above has happened to my Saturn after 6 years and

108k miles.

Which model and year is your Saturn, if indeed you even have one?

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan
12 years, 136K miles, no problems....

Reply to
Mike

Both problems, mileage was under 40K, '96 SL2

Reply to
Thomas Abell

6 yrs, 120k KM, no problems....... sounds like trollin to me
Reply to
Wurm

Nope...true. you people are lucky.

Reply to
Thomas Abell

Definately trolling. I sell new and used Saturns, and take lots of them in on trade. There's nothing wrong with the muffler straps.

Thomas Abell wrote:

Reply to
Markwalt

That's funny! They told me at Saturn of Holland, Michigan that the muffler strap is NOT STAINLESS on ALL SATURNS. They also asked me if there was noise in the back due to seized rear stabilizer links. My rear links seized up in two years. The muffler strap is all RUSTED OUT. You're a salesman not a mechanic. Why don't you spend some time in the shop. Let me know how many cylinder heads you have replaced because of casting flaws.

Reply to
misterfact

: Mason121 ( snipped-for-privacy@aol.com) Subject: third muffler clamp breaks View this article only Newsgroups: rec.autos.makers.saturn Date: 2004-01-01 22:21:03 PST

Hello, I have a 97 SC2 and today I noticed that clunking noise back by the muffler. Checked it out and it was the muffler clamp, the clamp that goes around the muffler holding it up. This is the third time it has rusted out. Have 40k miles on the car. I live in ILL and guess it is the salting of the roads here in winter that is causing it. Is there a better clamp? Am getting tired of having it replaced. TIA Dan.

Reply to
misterfact

Reply to
Buster

Perhaps this did happen to you, but it's not something that comes up with any frequency in this group. It doesn't seem to be a frequent problem on Saturns so for you to generalize that it happens on all Saturns is ill informed at best.

Now if you want to talk about burning oil or having to replace your alternator frequently... THOSE seem to be common problems, although neither has happened to me.

-DanD

Reply to
Dan Duncan

Your credibility just fell down three rungs on the ladder by saying you are a salesman. Oooops!

Reply to
Thomas Abell

well my saturn muffler clamp is old rusted and having trouble getting it off.....help

Reply to
regigi

getting it

Hammer and cold chisel?

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Kroil

Their motto is " Kroil it, or Spoil it" and I'm a believer.

Reply to
Oppie