100,000 Saturns with cyl hd casting flaws

This flaw causes head to crack- usually just after warranty expires.

A cracked engine head while passing another vehicle on a two lane highway- IS NO COSMETIC ISSUE. It's a SAFETY issue.

How Saturn gets away with slapping a warranty on a safety issue is beyond me.

SATURN HAS A HISTORY OF WITHOLDING IMPORTANT FLAW INFORMATION FROM ITS OWNERS !

Also:

Rear stabilizer link ball joints wear out in a year or two. (makes you wonder if the front ball joints are any better!)

Stainless steel muffler held up with cheap, quickly rusted- out metal muffler strap! Ours fell off in two years! (makes you wonder if the gas tank strap is any better!)

Exhaust resonator easily develops cracks. Many dealers will try to sell you a new one ($250)instead of welding it up for $15. Traverse City, Mi. Saturn is one of them!

Yeh- Saturn sure is a DIFFERENT car company!

Reply to
misterfact

Traverse

I had the local Tuffy muffler install an aftermarket resonator for approx. $75 last year. '96 SL2 with a perf. exhaust that was too loud for the wife. ;+)

Ken

Reply to
Napalm Heart