Reliability of a high mileage 1998 Saturn? Any good? Should I buy?

Purolator is probably the best choice for just about anything. Wix would be my runner up choice. Fram "oil" filters however are crap and should be avoided.

Heres a study of filters thats been around for awhile. I've seen this same data on various other web sites -

blah blah

I agree wholeheartedly. I use Purolator myself and try to purchase the higher quality Pure One brand in bulk when they go on sale at local retail stores. I can usually get them for $3-4 each at that time. Stay away from Fram oil filters.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

blah, blah, thank for the info !!!!!

--James--

Reply to
James

Does anyone know who carries Purolator filters up here in Canada?

Reply to
navaidstech

No, but south of the border, I've only seen them at Sears. Do you have Sears up there?

Reply to
Ratbert

Oh ya... we got tons of them up here. Actually there is one about 10 minutes from my place, I'll take a looksee there.

Thanks for the info Rathbert.

Alex

Reply to
navaidstech