SATURN SL-1 2000 Automatic Transmission problems...

I bought (had!) a new SATURN SL-1 2000 on April 1,2000 with automatic transmission having only 52,000 km (34,000 miles) when accident occured. Since the 1st day I garaged it, and serviced regulary at SATURN authorized dealer at Montreal (DECARIE SATURN).

On January 21,2005 it was - 35C (deep cold!) outside and as I was driving at the highway suddenly I heard a big bang under my car and I was literaly lifted form my seat. The car lost electricity, pieces of metal were all over the highway, even pieces of metal hit a truck behind me who start horning like a crazy! Transmission oil was spilled all over the highway, and braking fluid leaked so I hardly could even brake in order to stop the car, but I managed. Transmission broke and the estimated damage is about 2,000 CAD$.

My insurance company hired an "independant expert" who found out (all together with SATURN mechancis, they did not call me to attend) that ME (the driver) was in fault as and that the damaged occured "due to excessive spinning of my tires in the snow". BTW there was no snow on the highway, and I was not spinning at all.

But before the "expert" report was done, I was called by DECARIE SATURN (authorized trusted garage according to my BELAIR insurance company) by Mr. VITO who is in charge for claims. He offered I cite "A DEAL THAT WILL MAKE ME HAPPY". When I asked what was all about he told me to come to the garage "TO DISCUSS". I guess he had a plan how to "fix" my car to look like it was an accident/collision so that I can be rembursed by insurance co?? On the other side even if I had SATURN extended warranty it would not help as "there was no collision, only driver's fault", so they wouldn't pay anyway.

However, I have intention on sueing GM and SATURN for hidden defects on their automatic transmission, so I need your help guys if you have any similar problems or any info that I may consult. I'd appreciate a lot!

MILOS MILISAVLJEVIC, Montreal, Canada Tel.:(514) 932-1816 snipped-for-privacy@aei.ca

Reply to
Milos Milisavljevic

If you had extended GM warranty I am sure it would have covered it. Chrysler just replaced my 2 front struts for free under their extended warranty even though I thought they would argue that road hazard caused the damage (which it did).

Reply to
Art

The damage does NOT need to occur at the time of the failure. Anytime you excessively spin one tire and not both tires differentials take tremendous wear. There is a pin found in all differentials that takes a pounding and thats likely what failed. This is not a hidden defect, it is a common part in ALL differentials. Whos to blaim "cannot" be determined especially on here because the "real facts" cannot be found. This will no doubt turn into nothing more than a trolling post from here on out (if it didnt already start out as one) so I'm filtering it.

Reply to
blah blah