Gas Milage

Hi,

I have a 1996 Saturn SC2 DOHC. I usually go about 230 miles on a tank of gas. The last couple of months, I can barely go 200 miles. I drive mostly in the city, short trips, which I have always done. I am sure the cold weather has something to do with it, since I allow the car to warm up a little longer before I leave in the mornings, but would that effect the milage that much? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!

Scott

-- C T \ B / \ \

Reply to
Scott

Yes.

Reply to
tholen

I've heard the boost that an engine gets with the cooler air entering the engine, is quickly over come by the cold temperatures effects on lubricants. The tire behave differently, chassi lube is thicker, car eats up gas reving higher to warm up.

So, come to accept my fuel efficency goes down over colder months.

Does anyone have a site that summerizes what I was told?

thx,

tom @

The Real Tom