Saturn Van

The may be an odd question, but what makes the Saturn Van a Saturn other than the name? What is a Saturn? Is it just a brand name? I bought a 98SL2 new and have driven it. I thought Saturn was for the material of the outer shell that did not rust and resisted dents. I have a pamphet about the Saturn Van but what makes them different?

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

Do you mean Saturn VUE?

What differences are important to you?

The buying experience and the substance of contruction impressed me. I asked what the expected roll-out price was and the salesman gave the right one number. My 98SL1 felt like a truck. There was substance to that small car, whereas a Neon was a windup rollerskate with too much air time driving over road seams. The backs of the Neon controls where hollow. The Cavalier is less car, and Metro even less. The Metro speedometer toped at 80 and engine was high strung.

I'd say Saturn is humanistic and practical, while other companies advertise machines for machines.

Reply to
anonymous

I think he probably means the new Saturn Relay, which is essentially a mini-van.

The Relay is from a shared GM platform. The Chevy Uplander, Pontiac Montana and Buick Terraza are all the same as the Relay, and all 4 are being built on the same assembly line. The Relay has a steel body - not polymer. What makes it a Saturn? Just the name. It's a completely different direction for the company.

Reply to
Peter Young

How many Saturn products share their platform with other GM products. Is there a big difference between the brands, or is it like comparing Ford Taurus to Mercury Sable?

Reply to
anonymous

The Relay is the first.

In the case of the Relay, no.

Reply to
Peter Young

Reply to
Blah Blah

You forget Opel... Everyone forgets Opel...

Reply to
Blah Blah

Actually, no.....The first is the Vue and it Chevy brother the Equinox Then the Relay and it's Chevy, Pontiac and Buick counterparts And last the Ion and the Chevy Cobalt

Each of those share the same platforms.

Jim Spring Hill, TN

Reply to
Seamus's Stuff

the Relay looks so plain and bland compared to others on the market, with SUVs out of fashion, and NO polymer ? I don't know how they expect to sell these things ! It's dated when introduced. Yuk. E '04 Ion 1

Reply to
EDeneen