very fast idle then stall

My daughter's 1996 Saturn sc single ohc. sometimes revs up to 3000 rpm when stoping and then slows to near stall or stalls. Auto zone read the codes as P0133 Oxygen sensor 1. Is there anything before this that might cause this problem ?( before I change this sensor) Ernie

Reply to
ernie

Mileage, coolant last service when, plugs and wires last serviced when?

Possible probs, EGR, Coolant sensor, poor ignition system, bad O2.

Reply to
blah blah
150000 miles , coolant changed with water pump 2000 miles ago,plugs and wires 20000 miles ago. O2 may be original Ernie
Reply to
ernie