What starter wires go where?

I have had to take off the wiring harness on the engine do to clutch replacement, and now i have all the wires back in place except 2 wires that I think go to the starter, they each have a metal ring on them to mount to a post....can someone tell me which post they go to ?..Mark

Reply to
MARK

The two rings should be different sizes- one larger than the other. The larger one would go to the "battery" or "batt" or "B" terminal. The smaller one would go to the "starter" or "S" terminal.

Reply to
njot

The Big red one goes on the one closest to the rear of the car, and if it is a purple or orange wire about 1/4" thick it goes on top of the big red one. If it is that, it is the fusible link between the alt and the starter.....

Reply to
TheLastDonSC2

Reply to
MARK