Won't Start

Good day

New to thi s group and not alot knowledge regarding Saturns. However My 97 was involved in a slight Accident today got hit on the drivers door and smashed out the window which is not a Major problem. However When I tried to start it the was no power to the ignition or any thing except the dome light. Clickin noise appears to be comming from behind the Radio/Tape deck Any suggestions ?? do they hide any electric compenents in the doo (No power windows)

TIA for any suggestions

John

Reply to
Your name

Possible parasitic draw from pinched wires in your door. You're battery is being discharged.

Reply to
Blah Blah

After light (but expensive) collision damage to the left rear wheel our car would also not start. Did not discover the fault until after body repairs completed. Turned out to be damaged fuel pump. I cannot understand how this impact would damage the pump but it did, YMMV. The pump is in the gas tank and is very expensive (600 C$ ?) and requires? dropping the tank to replace. Innsurance paid for replacement but they would only spring for a used pump.

Good luck

Reply to
private

Blah Blah wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news-server.woh.rr.com:

Forgot to mention that i shut the car off it didn't stall out

Reply to
Your name

Reply to
Aaron D. Kemp