54 drive shafts

OK so I spent Friday and Saturday after Thanksgiving tearing the drive shaft mechanism apart.

Here is what I found.. The universal on the transmission was not seated properly and was missing 2 pin bearings. The rubber bushings would not center up on the mounting mechanism I had to shim with 3 fender washers on each side. (wrongs bushings?) and it does make a difference which set of mounting holes are used. I used the 1 for 120" wheelbase LHD for my 54 coupe. fixing all this indeed cured the vibration issue.

Thanks: Mark

Reply to
Mark