BondoBilly Almost Wiped Out...

Saw/heard on the morning 'national' news of a rare tornado that struck 'the northern suburbs' of New York City yesterday afternoon... Turns out it was right in Bbill's neighborhood. An e-mail from Bbill said his house was all right and no one was hurt, but the place is a disaster zone with all the tree's and wires down. Bbills' wife Ellyn was on the way home when it happened and had a hard time getting home, but when she did she immediately went out to help. Being a skilled nurse, they assigned her to direct traffic. Go figure.... Just glad everyone seems to be ok.... Jeff (Maybe it was those leather pants ) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Maybe Bondo can get a new roof, courtesy his homeowner's insurance. It's an ill wind that blows no one some good.

Speaking of tornados, I photographed a funnel cloud a couple of days ago here at the rig in the Peace River district of northern Alberta. Just a dinky little thing, never touched down, but it had the characteristics. Pictures didn't turn out real well; not much contrast between a gray funnel cloud and gray clouds, LOL.

We had severe T-storm warnings on the radio all last night, with reports of golf-ball size hail near Airdrie, just north of Calgary. Hope all the Airdrie Studebakers were snug in their garages.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Reply to
Brian Scott

Reply to
itraseecab

Reply to
John Poulos

Guy stopped by my house this morning with a whole pickup truck load of gas powered generators (4), pressure washers (2), air compressors (1) and air tool sets (3). Said he would sell me the whole truck load for $5k Tis' the season.... Jeff

"John Poulos" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Still glad I live in earthquake country ( at least until the big one comes).

Jeff

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Reply to
Jeff Grohs

So did you buy it?

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Heck no. I already have two generators..

"Lee Aanderud" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Just about this time last year we left Earthquake Country and travelled back to mild old England. While driving along what used to be my commute route in Birmingham, we were about a half-mile from a tornado that de-roofed a couple blocks of homes. Most people had never heard of one in that nation.

No, I'm not going to say it!

Karl

Reply to
midlant

I am glad that Bill and Ellen are okay. This is unusual for our part of NYS. Last month we had one about three miles from our home. I can't remember any previous to that.

Reply to
studegary

This is unusual for our part

They seem to be pushing farther and farther northwards in terms of severety. In Alberta, we have had the smaller F1 & F2 intensity ones, from time to time, but not too often. The worst ones that hit Alberta I recall was the one in Edmonton in 1987 which was an F4, and wiped out a mobile home park. Another one came up without warning at Pine Lake; about 110 miles south of Edmonton in 1999. That one picked up a bunch of RV's, trailers, etc. and deposited them in the lake. Since that one in Edmonton, the province has stepped their weather warning alerts substantially.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

I swear, I don't know when municipalities are going to get smart and start building decoy trailer parks around the outskirts of cities for the tornadoes to hit at will.

Mark

65 Cruiser
snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca wrote:
Reply to
Mark Anderson

You're in the Seattle area aren't you? Were you there a few years ago when the Nisqually quake hit?

Glad you're OK Bill (et all).

Rob

Jeff Grohs wrote:

Reply to
Rob Stokes

Sounds like you got the worst of it there. Here in Moose Jaw we got about 17 - 30 cm of rain and marble size hail. The rain came down in buckets a couple of times. The first time it came down for about half an hour then let up and stopped long enough for the wind to dry off some of the pavement then it came down again for an hour or so and let up to a drizzle. Power went off at work at about 12:30 so they sent us all home in the dark.

Reply to
Dale J.

Well, I called home, and the bad stuff missed Trochu. About 0.7" of rain, is all. No hail; lots of distant thunder and lightning, but no nasty weather near my place.

Up here at the rig, it was threatening, but never amounted to anything but showers.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

nope, I'm in the s.f. area. I remember driving home to watch game 3 of the 89 world series and thinking I had 4 flat tires

Reply to
Jeff Grohs