Cheap Avanti sold

Rest assured I will not accept the high bid on the car. I have already spoken to the winning bidder and worked out a deal, This is just nuts:

John Poulos

Kenneth Robinson

Damn John. There is no such thing as a cheap Avanti has a new meaning!! I told you I thought it would bring 7K and you said you would be suprised if it made that!!

Kenneth Rob> Somebody has to protect the biders from themselves. Hope he knows that

> --

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Reply to
John Poulos
7K and I could sleep nights, but not 15. Besides, wanna bet I'd get a "The car was not what I expected for the money" comment. i.e. the guy that bought Randy's Avanti for 19K againt a 11 reserve left me a "not quite as expected but ok after negotiations" comment. (We gave a grand back) and he did leave a positive feedback and he left happy. The down side is I've scared off a winning bidder on a part or two by asking for less when the winning bid was way over retail for a part that was still available.

Michael - Roseland FL wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Reply to
jimmijim8

Reply to
jimmijim8

Reply to
jimmijim8

I can shed a little light, the winner has been looking for an Avanti for some time. I suggested that he watch for cars that John was representing and I guess he felt that paying more for a car from John made sense. Anyway, it was a fair auction and the winner probably stuck in a max bid thinking that no one else would go that high and someone did. But based on the post that started this thread I see that my recommendation that John was the person to buy an Avanti from was a proper one.

Ernie Rizzolo

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Big E

Reply to
John Poulos

I am now REALLY glad that car wasn't a 4-speed :)

nate

John Poulos wrote:

Nate Nagel

Thanks for trusting me and finding a

That is nice to see...a potential parts car become a survivor with some effort and determination. I know I've parted out a few Larks over the years that probably should have been saved.

Craig.

Reply to
studebaker8

Reply to
John Poulos

Told ya it would go nuckin' futz, didn't I? It's nice that the winning bidder is in for a pleasant surprise.

You are one evil bastid, JP.

Reply to
Dave Lester