Collector Car Insurance

I received the renewal for my GT Hawk yesterday. AON Collector Car Insurance has been my provider but have been notified that they will no longer be handling my insurance but it will be offered by Elite CCI underwritten by American Modern Insurance Group.

Does anyone have any experience with Elite or American?

Should I look elsewhere?

Thanks

Karin Gillette

1962 GT Hawk
Reply to
Karin Gillette

......don't know anything about them....can only say that I've had mine with the Grundy Agency for 25+ years and satisfied. It's a Chubb policy and they don't come any better than that....only one car left - a '57 Clipper - about $155 a year which I consider a deal.

Reply to
Itsfrom Click

"Itsfrom Click" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3256.bay.webtv.net...

Have you ever filed a claim with them? Well, I have and that is why I wouldn't use them if they were the last company on earth. I had my three Studebakers insured with them for several years. Then, one day I sent my son to pick up a patio screen in my '64 Champ pickup (it wouldn't fit in anything else I owned). The policy allowed occasional other use. On the way home, going into a slight curve the steering failed (crummy 8E system) and he was involved in a relatively low speed head-on collision. The Champ was totaled and the other vehicle, a late GMC pickup was heavily damaged. Injuries fortunately were minor. My son was not cited. The other truck belonged to an old man who needed the truck for transportation- he drove to Washington, DC twice weekly for cancer treatments. Upon calling the number in policy I got bounced to at least three other numbers and couldn't get a resolution as to paying for the Champ and for damage to the GMC. Grundy/Chubb dragged it out more than two weeks even with daily calls. I was ready to pay for the old man's truck myself just to get him back on the road. They did finally pay for the damages, but a few days later I got a notice that my insurance was being canceled. I protested to the WV State Insurance Commissioner. About six months later I got a letter from Grundy/Chubb saying they had reconsidered and would allow me to apply for their coverage again. I had gone with J.C. Taylor shortly after received the first letter so I don't think I even bothered to answer Grundy/Chubb though I would sure have liked to. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

I, too, am going to hate to see AON (formerly K&K) go away. I've got both the '64 Avantis, the '64 cop car, and the '63 Wagonaire insured through them. Full coverage, $0 deductible and no mileage limit or lay-up period for the sum of $203 per year. I know folks who'd had claims with AON and they were all treated fairly and quickly.

\

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Is this nationwide? I have AON, maybe I just haven't gotten my letter yet.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Yes, AON is getting totally out of the collector car insurance market. I found out when I sold the ragtop and added the '59 hardtop to the policy. They told me again in may when I added the '64 Avanti to the policy.

I've not gotten 'the letter' yet. They told me it would come when I got my renewal. Apparently, they are covering everyone who is insured with them until the annual renewal date on their policy but they are not taking on any new customers.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I was notified because it was renewal time. The one thing I noticed is that the new policy limits mileage in one year to 1,000 miles. When I take it to club meetings round trip is over 100 miles, plus we take it to shows. I need to verify with them if the show and meetings miles are included. If so that really stinks.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

If they do have a 1,000 mile/year cap on their policy, I'll definitely be checking around.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I just went with J.C. Taylor Antique Auto Ins. 320 South 69th St. Upper Darby, PA 19082 (800) 345-8290 Lou

Reply to
Larkylou

You might try American Collectors Insurance, inc. in Cherry Hill, NJ. I've had them for many years and never had a problem with them. I pay for specific/stated replacement value and full coverage, ie., Liability ($300k), PIP, Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (body/property $300k), Damage to my vehicle (other then collision $20k, collision $20k) towing, theft. My 64 R2 Avanti ($185.64), 64 Daytona H/T ($145.08) and 64 T-Cab ($133.87) combined total $464.59 per year. 2,500 mile pleasure driving, unlimited shows/special events, no daily work.

How does this compare to what you have currently? Curious as to what other people are insuring their vehicles for?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

With AON, I am (soon to be was) insuring both '64 Avantis (an R1 and an R2), the '63 Wagonaire and the '64 R1 Marshal. Agreed values on all four vehicles totaling about $48k, same liability coverages, towing, $0 deductible, no annual mileage limits, pleasure use when at home and anywhere use while at a show. Total premium right at $200/year

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

Bo, I have ACI as well. My policy does not allow driving at night. Does yours? That sometimes becomes a problem for me but if the sky is not black it is not really night is it?

I have never filed a claim but they have given me no service problems at all. I bumped my stated value up $5k after watching an e-Bay auction and they were happy to do so with just some e-mailed pictures of the car.

Regards,

Reply to
NAV

Dang, since I have my cars insured with AON and the policy expires later this month, I suspect I will also be looking for another insurer. Too bad, my experience with AON was good. I use to use JC Taylor and I guess I will be looking them up again,

Reply to
Mike Williams

Yes, Mike, it is quite disheartening.... I just checked and I've been with AON/K&K for over 11 years now. I'm going to hate to see that coverage go away. I'm not sure who I'll use in the future and will have to start doing some checking as my current policy expires in September and I'll need to have something in place by then.

Lee DeLaBarre Daytona62

Reply to
Lee

I would have thought you would already have rec'd your renewal. I got mine and mine doesn't expire until next month.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

No notice yet and my policy expires the 28th. If I don't hear from them in a few days I guess I will be calling them.

Reply to
Mike Williams

Yes you probably should.

Reply to
Karin Gillette

On the AON website I see they are recommending Elite Collector Car Program from American Modern. Any one have any experience with this company? I have never heard of them.

Reply to
Mike Williams

I had my '62 Cruiser and the Tomato with AON also and got shifted to Elite. I know nothing about them but went ahead and paid for a year's premium.

While in Columbus for the NHRA Hot Rod Reunion, one of the sponsors for the event was Heacock Classic Car Insurance. I know nothing about them either but one of their reps was there and from the talk he gave, it sounds like a good deal.

I contacted them when I got home and they are a little higher than Elite but at $167 a year for both cars I sure can't complain.

Below is their contact in case anyone else is interested.

Ted

Glenn Bornemann Heacock Classic Car Insurance P.O. Box 24807 Lakeland, FL 33802 Toll Free: 800-678-5173 Fax: 863-686-1426 Email: snipped-for-privacy@heacockclassic.com

Reply to
tedharbit

I had to find the envelope before I shared this.

Since my policy expires in Aug and someone said theirs was expiring this month and they had not received anything yet. My envelope had blue trim. The return said Atlas Insurance Agency from Amelia OH. I almost did not open it as I thought it was a phising type mailing. But then opened it because I usually tear everything up that has name address or any possible other info that we don't want to share.

Upon rereading the "new" policy it does say "with the acceptance of this offer of insurance with American Modern, we will be waiving the Occasional Pleasure Use, Age, and Mileage Limitation requirements as set forth in this policy."

Reply to
Karin Gillette