Lazy Saturday happenings:

Looked through the Saturday Auto Section. This used to be such a good magazine that I sent it off to GB for the folks over there. Now, it's one step above a fish-wrapper. (The Sunday Book Section isn't much better, and thats supposed to be the quality indicator of a Sundey paper.) Club listings include 102 Auto clubs in Western San Diego County. We had both local and Intl edresses. Good. The Monday Night Car Club. meets on Tuesday. Hey, this is SoCal! It's sort of like when I got a call on May 29th back in the 68 - 72 Boston. Caller: "Hey, I called you yesterday (Monday) and you were closed. What's up?" Me:, "May 30th came on the 28th in Massachusetts this year." If you don't understand this, ask someone in their sixties.

We have four radio shows listed a week, some repeated, like Car Talk.

Sent out some more detailed stuff on the electric fan / water spray system instead of standard fan. I'm tempted to do it myself again, even though with the low mileage I drive and the temperate climate here most of the time, it would only by for demo purposes. With my OHV6, the five or so HP saved (at high RPM) might make it worth it, in addition to the fuel saving and less noise. But for fifty miles a week! Nah.

Karl

Reply to
midlant