Sunday Follies...

Dontcha just love it.... You work all day Saturday and then do chores until bedtime.... Then you wake up, wide awake.... at your normal bodyclock time...on a day when you could sleep in. So, what do you do? You get up, get dressed, and change all the clocks back an hour...stupid time change. Setting the clocks to 4am on a weekend. What a waste of good sleep time. Anyways, yesterday I cleaned out the chicken coop stall out of the barn last night. It was quite breezy out, so that helped with the dust and such. Cut up the three old coops and tossed the scrap on the trailer. Took the stuff to the recycle center (like they are going to recycle old chickenshit). Just have a stall of lumber to move and that half of the barn is cleaned out and awaiting cement and wiring.

4am, and posting on the ng..... Sheesh.. Jeff
Reply to
Jeff Rice

I kin sympathize... I "slept in" until 6 this AM... which was really

5AM... that's just ludicrous.

I guess I will have to designate today as the official last day of DST... for ME. That way when I go to bed an hour early I'll get my extra hour of sleep on a Monday when I can really use it.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Bill Glass

Yep, as I recall next year it going to end the first weekend in November instead of the last weekend in October.

Great, another week that I'll be missing that hour of sleep

Jeff DeWitt

Bill Glass wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

..and it is supposed to start earlier too, last weekend (?) in March instead of first weekend in April. Somehow, the math doesn't work out because it was supposed to be 3 weeks longer than before. So far, only a USA thing.

Jim Bartley on PEI--wouldn't it be simpler just to make work/school days shorter in winter, and longer in Spring/Fall?

Reply to
George

I believe you'll find Canadian provinces are making the move to longer DST. (except in Saskatchewan where it is believed with some reliability that the cows will be sorely confoooosed).

Brooksie

Reply to
Brooksie

Back on Standard time means that in a few weeks us in the Northern latitudes will be going to work in the dark and coming home in the dark.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Many years ago a lady called into a radio gardening show concerned that the extra daylight when we went on DST would hurt her flowers.

Jeff DeWitt

Brooksie wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt