Life is good! (OT)

Just got a call from a friend who's a magazine editor - seems they're doing an issue on guy stuff, she asked me if I'd be willing to write a

500 word article for the June issue on F1 racing. I told her I knew squat about F1 except that it looks incredibly boring for everyone but the driver - so she said she's sending me to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway starting Monday for a 3 day F1 school.

Holy Shit!!!!!!!

Pat Drnec

John Poulos

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Can you make money renting yourself your condo and charging the mag for it?

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Congratulations! You is now officially part of "The Establishment"

Getting paid to learn to drive at wild speeds. Man - you got it rough!

Congrats!

Mark (I wanna go to school to learn to not get popped for speeding) Dunning

Just got a call from a friend who's a magazine editor - seems they're doing an issue on guy stuff, she asked me if I'd be willing to write a

500 word article for the June issue on F1 racing. I told her I knew squat about F1 except that it looks incredibly boring for everyone but the driver - so she said she's sending me to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway starting Monday for a 3 day F1 school.

Holy Shit!!!!!!!

markshere2

Class is in session.

Don't speed.

Class dismissed.

Reply to
Dave's Place

Reply to
John Poulos

Not surprising. A couple years ago one of the students in my class was a VA State Trooper. He told me that they just didn't have enough people to worry about the "marginal" speeders. They were watching for erratic drivers, gross speeders (80- 90 or more) and on I-95, drug runners. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

That's the good thing about I-95 now... if there are drug runners the Highway Patrol can just use guys on bicycles to stop them. When you hit the area around Georgia, it bottlenecks and it's stop and go slow traffic.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

At this time of the year any highway or interstate going north out of Florida is a Parking lot even I-4 going semi-north is the same way. Last Friday a trip to Olando from Tampa is normally 1 1/2 hour max. It took me 4

1/2 hours. And going to Savannah for the Georgia State Meet a 6 hour trip ended up being 8 1/2 hours. The roads clear up a bit after Easter weekend with the Snow Bird leaving Florida. More will leave upon the First Hurricane comes knocking.

Rick (sick of traffic) Courtier

Reply to
Rick Courtier

OK, now how do I drive near DC and not get flattened by a semi while following the advice above?

nate

(that's a serious question, even though I don't expect you to have the answer)

Reply to
Nate Nagel

How about a bumper sticker that says 'NITROGLYCERIN DELIVERY SERVICE -

45 MINUTES OR IT'S FREE!'

Should give you lots of room > Dave's Place wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

I KNEW you'd take that bait!

Mark (been a long time sinde my last ticket) Dunning

Reply to
markshere2

I suspect that over half of the idiots on the road would not have a clue as to what nitroxxxxx is. But the friendly statie might have a question or two..

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

I did a lecture on Home Safety for the local neighbourhood watch in GB. As time was available, I started pointing out that safety is determined by conditions and it is possible for a non-speeder to pass a speeder. The bobbies in the audience could see where I was going and started smiling, nodding and nudging. The audience soon jumped in and by the time we all were done, it ended up with me, driving a Reliant Robin (shitty three-wheeler) having lost a lens from my specs while pucking out the window from a bad night before, with a sheep in the back of the Robin, drooling on my shirt front. with turds coming from the back. A debate between the most persistant of the BBC political questioneers and one of the sharpest politicians was on the radio.

In the meantime, I was being passed by a well-rested and alert Damon Hill in a race-prepped Lotus sports car.

I consider the leson a success.

Karl

Reply to
midlant