Part needed from a '55 (or later?) 259 V8

Hello everyone,

I need PN 537526. It's listed as the "engine to control valve hose fitting (on cylinder head)" in the Special Section of Service Parts for Air Conditioner Units for 1955-56-57 Series Commander and President." Publication number is 5705, and it's dated O)ctober 15, 1956. When I removed the original, 6-volt, trunk-mounted a/c unit from a '55 President, I neglected to also take this part. It is similar to the fitting that the temperature sensor goes into, but it's on the rear of the right side cylinder head. It's needed to reroute one of the heater hoses from the top of the water manifold. When the a/c compressor and its mounting bracket are installed on the top of the engine, there is insufficient room for the heater hose attachment. Does anybody out there have one? I checked SASCO, Steven Allen, and Studebaker International, and none of their web sites showed anything when I did a part number search.

Kindest regards,

Alan Mende Hummelstown, PA

Reply to
alanmende

alanmende wrote: I

Try

I think Chuck was having them made. I need one and he was out at the time, but I'm sure he's reordered.

Reply to
allstateguy

You might check with Jon Myer- he has a/c stuff. The old Mark IV aftermarket air conditioners used the same arrangement for the heater hose. On later Studebakers, the heater hose outlet on the water manifold is plugged and a new hole is drilled and tapped on the other side of the manifold. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Reply to
John Poulos

Yes, just drill the original mounting plate and use the "block-style" machined Brass 90 degree adapter fitting. It's much snugger fitting than the cast elbow.

Ray > Air Conditioner Units for 1955-56-57 Series Commander and President."

Reply to
Studeman