Picture of V8 Larks with AC needed

I laid out the holes for the AC hoses on my Larks firewall the other night based upon the installation instructions for the 1962 Larks. However the placement of the lower hose looks like it will interfere with the cylinder head or the exhaust manifold if someone ever decides to install a V8. The lower AC hose is the vapor return and is at the same level and in line or parallel with the lower heater hose, but 5 & 3/8 inches measured from the side of the existing heater hose to the center of the vapor return hose toward the engine. I have an OHV6 in the car and I will have to use a right angle drill to access this inner hole. This is one of the reasons I am thinking there is something wrong with the instructions. Any pictures of existing installations or measurements will be most appreciated.

Paul Villforth take out the nospam to reply directly if you prefer

Reply to
Paul Villforth

mbstude

Reply to
Paul Villforth

Paul,

Check out the pics from when Ray and I put AC on my Lark, it's got some good pics of where the hoses go through the firewall.

Jeff DeWitt

Paul Villforth wrote:

Reply to
Jeffrey DeWitt

Reply to
Pat Drnec

There IS a mistake in those instructions in that figures 4 and 5 are swapped. But since your measurements seem to be right on, it sounds like you've already figured that out. Looking at a '63 it does appear you'll need a right angle, or at least a very compact drill. Actually, a lot AC installers used a special hand operated tool that cuts a round plug of metal out of the firewall.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Paul,

You need to talk to the AC Wizard, Tally's own STUDEBAKER GEORGE.

His '62 Daytona has AC George did, and he now has a hose crimper. I've seen the car many times, and its AC is absolutely perfect.

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Yep, George is the man for sure wjen it comes to AC. One of his areas of expertise...

Anyways, here's some poor quality pics of under the hood of my grandad's '62 Cruiser. Factory AC, Power steer> Paul,

Reply to
mbstude

Reply to
Paul Villforth