Rotella Oil

There is an interesting article in the June Hot Rod issue. It mentions a high number of cam shaft failures that have been noted on older vehicles using flat surfaced lifters. One of the main reasons listed is that the new oils are being formulated to meet stricter emission standards and they are fine for modern vehicles with roller lifters but not older ones. The article suggests we use Rotella Oil available at Walmart or most auto part stores to prevent cam shaft failure because it still has an adequate amount of zinc dialkyl dithiophosphate (ZDDP) The article is on page 124 and is called "When Good Cams Go Bad".

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

It's also available in a synthetic, for those of you with engines that don't leak. That's what I'm running in the Porsche right now.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Lee

Excellent choice.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn.
Reply to
Barry