What is this guy selling on eBay?

0&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item00164498312&rd=1

Reply to
zoombot

He's selling an older small block Chevy with a Paxton blower and Paxton bonnet.. They made quite a few of those, and you see the brackets for sale on Ebay from time to time... This would be a real gem in a '65 or '66..... Jeff

Reply to
Jeff

Being a 350, it would be 1968 at the oldest. That sure would make my

66 into a nice "sleeper", and double its value to boot!

ISTR that Avanti Motors offered a blower with the 327 in the first couple of years of Avanti II production, but don't recall ever seeing one at the Internationals. Wonder if any were in fact produced on an OEM basis?

Chris Collins 63 Avanti R-2 66 Cruiser

Reply to
Chris195630327

in re: did Avanti Motors actually produce any blown early II's?

Sometime in the early 70s I was at the factory for some minor work on a '67 II. The '67 was a great car: had the quick steering box, "dovetail" door latches, Powershift.....pre-headrest seats, cowcatcher, etc., and no emissions to speak of.........and that fine 327 engine. At this point in time, I can't even remember which 327 that particular car had: the 300 hp was standard, but they offered some options......I recall that this one had 11.75 compression, it liked a lot of Sunoco 260 and loaded-up easily.

Anyway, Nate was as usual gracious and helped me pass some time while the car was worked on. He had plenty of business: the place was humming - making new ones and they apparently had a nice repair, repaint, restore business, too. I remember being dazzled with the cars of one customer: customer had his beloved Stude Avanti in (it was low mileage, turquoise with tan interior): the guy liked it so much, he hated to drive it, so it was at Avanti Motors with instructions to "make it new again", after the owner had taken delivery of a II in the same colors to be his driver.

Anyway, Nate showed me another II .....Nate's story was that it was made for the Prez of Molded Fiberglass: it was bright red with tan interior,

4 speed and definitely had been built by Avanti Motors with a supercharged Vette engine. It was a pretty car, but Nate admitted that it was virtually uncontrollable, i.e the throttle had to be applied judiciously. I got the impression that they had made very few and this may have been the only one made for a customer. I've got a Polaroid of it somewhere: wish I had inquired more about the engine, rear axle, etc. but by then Nate was showing me his Caribbean. What a great day!!!

JC

Reply to
Itsfrom Click