'03 wrx wgn :replacing taillight bulb

I'm having a crasy time removing the 2 plastic screws holding down the black panel to get at the rear taillight on my '03 wrx wagon. They seem to just want to spin and spin without actually coming out. Any tricks to removing the screws.

Thanks in advance.

Regards: pc snipped-for-privacy@nospam.hotmail.com.

Reply to
pc

If these are the same "screws" as the ones that hold in the panel hiding the emergency tire jack on my '03 Outback Sport, they are not actually screws. They simply need to be oriented in the proper direction (either up-down, or left-right ... I can't remember) and then pull!

They have made me swear a few times, but after enough brute force they come out!

Reply to
Chico