1999 Subaru Legacy clock light

The clock light is out but the radio works fine. Anyone have any info on whether there is a replacement bulb or light unit and how to remove the radio (if necessary) to fix this?

Reply to
virichip

I am going to be taking my radio out too soon, so I looked it up on the net and in the repair manual. From what I remember pull out the cup holder and you will see 2 screws, take them out. Now you should be able to take out 2 plastic covers covering the central part of the dash. After that it is just

4 screws holding the radio in place.

/MM

Reply to
MM

thanks for info but I would like to find out if I can get the clock light to work without pulling out the radio, number one. And number two, if I have to pull out the radio how do I get the clock light to work. As I said in the first post the radio and the clock are working fine but you cannot see the clock at night with headlight switch on. I have checked fuses and they are all okay.

Reply to
virichip

I am pretty sure you need to take the radio out and open it up to get access to the bulb. Radio Shack will probably have a part. Soldering might be required to replace it.

/MM

Reply to
MM