2001 Outback knock sensor replacement on the 2.5l engine

I have a trouble code that keeps coming up. P0328 Knock sensor bank one. Where is this on the engine and is it an easy replacement? Also where can I get an engine diagram for this car. :?

Reply to
Mike2001

Not sure on a 2001? On my 1996 Outback it is easy to get to. And inline fuse "dilly" that is on the top roughly center. You'll have to see one to know what to look for. I've been having the Knock Sensor From Hell problem with my 1996! Apparently, my lifters (and other various internal engine noises) are causing my sensor to be perpetually tripped, which causes the car to run like dog doo ALL of the time ;-( They say nothing short of an engine overhaul will fix it. Count your blessings ;-) jimmy

Reply to
jimmy

On my son's car, which is a '99 but has a '01 engine, there is only one knock sensor. It is on the driver's side of the engine, in the 'valley' on top of the block, with a connector running into it. Take a look here -

Dan D '99 Impreza 2.5 RS Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58