2002 Impreza > Brake Pedal starts high then drops half way to floor.

Hi,

I have two possibly connected issues with my 2002 Impreza TS wagon:

  1. My 2002 Impreza recently started irregularly exhibiting a weird ABS like braking behaviour during normal conditions (dry summer) when I step on the pedal it seems high up and then immediately drops down to normal breaking pedal height with a shudder like it wants to kick in the ABS? No ABS code was detected light comes on?

  1. I've had the speed sensor replaced because of the speedometer stopping (check engine light came on) and the aftermarket cruise control has been disabled because the speedometer stopped after speed sensor was replaced...pulling whats left of my hair out over this one.

Any thoughts?

Reply to
smartodd