2003 NA Forester runs better when cold

My 2003 NA Forester runs really well when it's just started but seems to have less power when warm and on hot days. I realise that the auto choke is richining up the mix which may mean that the usual mix is to lean and also that there is a temp sensor in the airbox that may be having an effect. It's been checked twice at service time and it's always been OK'ed by the service people.

Can anyone tell me what it might be. I have heard you can add a resister or something to the temp sensor but this may well be a gimic. Any ideas?

Reply to
dylanpenhale

Cold air is denser,...that means more power. The car will run a bit stronger when cold because of a cooler intake charge before the parts under the hood get heat soaked. And since the car takes the air in from outside the engine bay, when its cold outside you are geting a cooler intake charge .

Reply to
Mike