LDS in 1998 Legacy?

They say there is no dumb question... so here goes.

Is the front and rear differential for my 2.2 AWD Auto a limited slip differential? I'm replacing the diff oil and while the maint manual says GL5 the Haynes manual says if the wagon is LDS then I need the LDS oil.

Thanks,

Dave

Reply to
djay

Uh that'd be LSD...

Reply to
djay

Hmmmm....pretty sure your car has open diffs front and rear. If it had LSD - it would be in the rear. If you can get the rear axle up in the air, spin a tire, if its mate spins backwards, that axle has a 'normal' diff.

check

for specs for your car.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Rear differential will have a metal tag with LSD stamped into it if it is a LSD differential. Almost no chance of this and no way do you have a LSD front differential.

Reply to
johninKY

Thanks for that link, that's great info! Didn't know my son's car was 'Winestone'! Funny, his car doesn't have the 30th Anniversary badge on it, but has all of the other equipment specified.

Dan D '99 Legacy 30th (son's) Central NJ USA

Reply to
Dano58

Latter Day Saints oil? i was unaware they manufactured any1

Reply to
carsigliere

If it has LDS, you must give 10% of your income to Subaru and your temple garments are packed inside the glovebox. Subaru will select your wife for you, Divorce is NOT an option.

Reply to
Porgy Tirebiter

Postum holders come as standard equipment.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

does that guarantee a temple recommend?

Reply to
William S. Hubbard

Also you will have to spend a few months of your young male adulthood riding a bicycle around with a backpack while dressed like an old-time IBM representative. (at least they don't have rules on bicycle helmets other than no stickers)

Does this mean we have to merge this thread with the bicycle rack one?

Don't tell anyone about the "flap".......

Reply to
nobody >

Now that's funny! The Church of Subaru and the Latter Day Saints!

Reply to
djay

Don't you also get to have multiple cars?