2003 Subaru Baja Radio Specs

Subaru's website lists my Baja's stock radio as 80 watts. Can I assume this is 20 watts per channel? Does anyone know who actually
makes this unit?
Yes it likely means 20W per channel, although this may mean 20W RMS or 20W MAX, big difference. RMS is a sustainable wattage rating, meaning the radio can sustain an output of 20W and not blow or overheat. MAX means the radio can hit 20W in the event the audio segment being played demands such power. What are you trying to do?
Subaru headunits were OEM Panasonic back when the SVX was in production. I don't know now.
-T

I'm just trying to make valid comparisons for an upgrade. Thanks!

When comparing radios for power output, compare the RMS wattage ratings and not the MAX ratings, some mfg's tend to inflate and push their MAX ratings in product labeling, but RMS is what you need to pay attention to.
If you listen to the radio alot, make sure you look at the tuner's FM sensitivity as an indication of tuner performance. The smaller the number the more sensitive the tuner is and can pick up weaker stations.
I personally run two external amplifiers so I didn't buy a head unit for the power it can put out, but rather for the features (mostly the built in equalizers and crossovers, and the mp3/wma capability). I'm using an Alpine 9815, which actually has Alpine's internal V-Drive amplifier that puts out 27w RMS and 60w MAX, supposedly it's pretty good. I'd stay away from the consumer brands such as panasonic, aiwa, jvc, kenwood, and probably sony too. Eclipse, Alpine and Rockford Fosgate are ones I'd recommend. etronics.com had the best price on the Alpine I bought.
Good luck
-T

20W
radio
radio
power.

I'm looking at the 6-disc cd changer I pulled out of my '02 WRX in favor of a system I'm a lot more satisfied with. There's a sticker on it saying it was manufactured in Thailand by Matsushita (in Oct 2001). They're the ones who, among other brands, make Panasonic. So it looks like Subaru hadn't changed OEM radio makers from SVX to WRX.
-Byron
What did you get?