2014 Outback Pricing ?

Hi,

Need a new car, and it is likely that I will be purchasing a 2014 Outback as soon as they become available.

Hopefully, very soon ?

Anyway, I imagine that Edmunds will not have their data for what folks actually paid for the 2014 until a while after they are out; my guess would be at least a month to build up some kind of data base.

Would it be fair to use the 2013 price data as a guide ?

Or, does the 2013 pricing for what people paid Already reflect the diminished value for the leftover 3013's ?

Any guidance on this would be appreciated, as I am, frankly, not very good with negotiating prices, and I use the Edmund values as a guide.

Thanks, Bob

Reply to
Bob

Bob, with all due respect, you have asked a bunch of questions on this group, but never acknowledged any of the responses. Are you making use of the information that other people have already taken time to give you? If not, is there a reason that we should keep providing more information you don't intend to read?

FYI, the 2014 Outback MSRPs are already available on at least one of the websites that people have previously recommended to you.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

Patty, say what you mean directly and stop talking around the point!

Bob, with all due respect, you have asked a bunch of questions on this group, but never acknowledged any of the responses. Are you making use of the information that other people have already taken time to give you? If not, is there a reason that we should keep providing more information you don't intend to read?

FYI, the 2014 Outback MSRPs are already available on at least one of the websites that people have previously recommended to you.

Patty

Reply to
Illuminated

Hi,

Thanks for all the information.

Much appreciated. Have learned a lot.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Hi,

Need a new car, and it is likely that I will be purchasing a 2014 Outback as soon as they become available.

Hopefully, very soon ?

Anyway, I imagine that Edmunds will not have their data for what folks actually paid for the 2014 until a while after they are out; my guess would be at least a month to build up some kind of data base.

Would it be fair to use the 2013 price data as a guide ?

Or, does the 2013 pricing for what people paid Already reflect the diminished value for the leftover 3013's ?

Any guidance on this would be appreciated, as I am, frankly, not very good with negotiating prices, and I use the Edmund values as a guide.

Thanks, Bob

Prices on Subaru website so why ask here?

Reply to
Bluto

Actually I think the problem here is that he doesn't know how to reply to a thread, only how to start a new one. I see that he usually starts a new thread, usually titled "From OP:" to ask follow-up questions or just to say thanks. So the rest of us get confused as to whether he's reading these or not.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan

The "From: OP" posting he made yesterday is the first time I've seen any kind of follow-up. You may be right about confusion over how to reply to threads.

Bob, I see that you're posting from Eternal-September. I don't use them myself, but I know they're highly regarded, so they should have good tutorials on their website that will tell you how to participate in ongoing threads.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

PW, you don't post "from" eternal-septemper, you need a newsreader/mail client (T-Bird, Outlook, whatever)

GW using SeaMonkey

Reply to
Geoff Welsh
[unneeded quotage removed]

Semantics. "From," "through," whatever you like. Bob's messages are coming from E-S.

Of course you do, but doesn't E-S have tutorials on how to use the post popular newsreaders with their posting server? If not, then Bob will need to look elsewhere for a Mozilla tutorial.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter

At one time I would've suggested that he start posting through Google Groups instead, but Google has screwed up Groups so badly that it's even more difficult to follow a thread on it than with a regular old newsgroup reader.

Yousuf Khan

Reply to
Yousuf Khan
[unneeded quotage deleted]

I occasionally reference the GG archive to find old postings, and I've found messages threaded just fine. But yikes, how the formatting gets mangled when people post to Usenet from GG! I agree, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Patty

Reply to
Patty Winter