dragging rear brakes on sharp turns?

Turning at lock to lock, especially after several minutes/miles of driving, the rear brake(s) seem to drag heavily. I have not confirmed by immediately jacking the rear off the ground to verify as that is difficult to do on public roads. All calipers are new/rebuilt units with system bled and fluid new of course. E-brake works nominally and drive axles are new in the last 1,000 miles. I am suspicious of the hill holder mechanism. Anyone ever have similar problems? It is a '95 Legacy L wagon with a 5spd. manual. Thanks for your input.

Reply to
Tom

likely possibilities include; torque bind, bad u-joint, bad carrier bearing. Possibly more obscure problems.

Reply to
1 Lucky Texan