91 RS Legacy Gearbox Q

In process of replacing gearbox in 91 RS Legacy (EJ20 Turbo).

Having a bit of a problem getting gearbox in - SEEMS like right hand top of bell-housing hits the turbo exhaust housing (but only ever so slightly) and thus stops it from sliding in.

There are two bolts below the flywheel which the gearbox is supposed to slide into - but something is definately stopping it..

Anyone done this before? Any ideas or tips on best approach?

Thanks

Reply to
hein_

Haven't done that job myself but do a search back in the previous posts. There are lots of warnings about forcing it.

Reply to
Bugalugs

Try also posting at

. possible someone may have pics!

carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

I'l try that and let you guys know if I come accross anything useful..

Cheers

Reply to
Hein