92 Loyale AWD

I just purchased a 92 Loyale AWD wagon (fully loaded) and the transmission made a "pop" and now wont go into gear. It still shifts through them all with no resistance, but the car remains in neutral regardless of what gear I put it in. Oddly enough, after this happened the driving lights stay on all the time, like they are no longer controled by the key switch, and the power windows are acting the same. Is the transmission somehow electronically controlled or do I have 2 seperate problems? Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Ski

The parking lights are controlled by a rocker switch on the steering column. Check the position of the switch. Don't know about the windows. I don't think this model has full-time AWD but I could be wrong. There's a chance the car is currently in the FWD mode and one of the front CV axles broke. If you don't have the 4-speed automatic then you don't have an electronically controlled transmission. I'm guessing you have a manual. Really need to know which type you have.

Reply to
johninKY