95 subaru Impreza

I have a 95 subaru Impreza LX Coupe. I have to admit that this is by far the best car I have ever owned. My only gripe is that it has a nasty habit of people trying to break into it. 5 times in 4 years.You'd think I bought a Ferrari with the frequency of the break- ins. I bought the car out of the showroom in 95, and to this day, I still have not replaced any of the tailight bulbs. I bought some silverstar bulbs for the headlights when the drivers side one blew at the inspection station. I highly recommend these, because they brighten up the road a bit. I replaced the timing belt for the first time at 119k miles, and when I took it off, it looked just like the factory replacement I bought. Not even a crack. I have the 2.2L engine, and it still purrs like new, even though I have put 130k miles on it Not bad for almost 13 years. The automatic still shifts smoothly and with jack-rabbit starts, it still a lot of get-up-and- go. In the snow, I can do better than most trucks uphill. I have heard some bad tales of the more recent models, but I love my suby and wouldn't even think of getting rid of it. I started to think after a few years that I would just drive it 'till it runs into the ground, but I'm starting to think that they will outlaw gasoline engines before this will happen.

Reply to
jagermeisterjim