97 Impreza Stalling, need advice please

It's been pouring rain for at least 8 hours and I hit some large puddles on my way to work. I also had work done 4 days ago. 2 oil leaks, cam seals, new timing belt. Now it started to stall while driving. Not much sputtering, gas pedal becomes useless, lose powerstearing. Feels like it just loses it's energy. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Reply to
lpierced

I had problems like that. It turned out the oxygen sensor (which controls the fuel/air mixture) had gone bad.

Got any error codes?

Reply to
Sparky Polastri

I actually had the Air Flow Meter/Sensor replaced 13 months ago, because of stalling. They put in a used part because it was cheaper. Maybe to used huh? I stalled once on the way home, but when quickly restarted, the engine light went off. Check Engine Light goes on and off. Last years' error code was # P0103, according to the service invoice.

Thanks

Reply to
lpierced